Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Krypt

The Krypt

Ravensburger

654 pieces

20" x 27"

purchased new from Amazon ($14)

Difficulty level: Tough, but not nearly as tough as I was expecting

I got the border and beginnings of the inner circle assembled when I realized my sealed copy was missing FOUR pieces. Returned to Amazon for another copy, this one complete.

The border and the most central part of the circle are easy, as the central pieces are very obviously curved. The farther out you get, the less curved they appear.

There was a certain duplication in the way the pieces were arranged along the edges--not a repeating cut like with large Ravensburger puzzles, but just a similar arrangement, which helped knock out some of the edges.

I realized the pieces that were very large were part of the outer circle, so I pulled all them out and starting assembling bits of it. Once that started falling into place, the puzzle got much easier.

Then I just sorted the remaining pieces by shape and it was simple to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment